This help text and the app itself is always work in progress. I have already changed this text here as I am converting it to markdown, but I did not change the text that is compiled in the app. This help text needs to be on GitHub and maintained by the community.
FREO is a variation of the FR-SPA.
FR = fleet race SPA = single page application FREO = Fleet Race Event Only app Local Storage Key = 'fr-event-data' Project Name = FR03E Semantic Version = 1.0.0-beta.x
- A Typescript / Angular app.
- You can input timing data and compute results locally.
- Since you own the data you could get a license, host the app on your site, and serve results to at least all the entries in a race.
License is GPL 3.0, since I have published the source on GitHub.
This is the event only version of the app.
- It was derived from the light version.
- It still has a minimized UI.
- The race part has been removed.
- Click Reset button, it will load the default test event and show the event table below the input area.
- The test event has two races.
- Navigate through the races with R- and R+ buttons.
- Click Next button, it will take you to Race 1.
- Because button Next has figured out where we are in the progress of the event - the first race.
- Notice how the current race is displayed as part of the input header line.
- Click on the circular fab buttons (floating action buttons).
- At least once: select the dnf radio button before you click.
- Notice how the radio selection will jump back to finish when you click a fab.
- The fab just clicked will turn blue.
- Click Next again when all fabs have been used.
- You will be advanced to the next race, please check.
- Continue with the fabs.
- Play with the toolbar icon buttons, most of them have the Reduce To action type.
- Some of the buttons will toggle, some will show, hide, or have an action type of Reduce To.
- Go ahead and input finish positions for Race 2.
- There are only two races in this test event.
- When done, examine that series scoring is correct in table event.
- Adjust the number of throwouts with button T+ and T-.
- Note that you can sort the html table with a click on the column header.
- Find the Pre-Text area and use it to copy result data in compact format to the clipboard.
- Try and paste the text data you just copied into your favorite code editor program.
- I assume that you test in Chrome on the desktop before you use it on a tablet or even a phone.
You need to input a finish position or a status value for all the entries in a race.
- A regatta has events.
- An event is sometimes called a division.
- An event has races and entries, columns and rows.
- The entries in a race are called bibs, corresponding to bows or bow numbers.
- By tapping on fabs you finish off bibs until done.
- You can assign a status value like dnf to a bib instead of a finish position.
- You can also erase the time for the current bib or reset the status to ok.
Some magic will be used, called strict input mode.
- When you click a fab - a message is generated with a finish higher than the numbers of entries in the race.
- In strict input mode the program automatically maintains a contiguous range of finish positions.
- You do not have to worry about the actual position.
- The entry will receive the next free position.
- Just tap on a fab, the rest is automatic.
- Note that when an event is loaded, it is done in relaxed input mode, and actual finish positions will be used.
On the desktop with only eight entries in the race, everything seems to be fast and snappy.
- You can watch both tables while you are finishing off bibs.
- You can afford to compute the whole event after each message.
- But the phone cannot show big tables.
- Small devices may be slow if everything is computed and displayed after each input message.
- They will be slow if the number of entries in the event is big.
- This is when you should use the message queue.
- Use of the queue is toggled with the paper clip icon button.
- When the queue is active you see two additional icons.
- When using the queue, you need to manually trigger the processing of recorded messages.
- Just click on the button that has the blue badge for the number of items in the queue.
- You can discard the content of the queue and / or show the content of the queue in Pre-Text.
Change data, make corrections for a bib in a race.
- Select the bib first!
- The bib from last used fab is already selected as current bib.
- But you can make any of the bibs current with Bib- and Bib+
- Pay attention to the radio buttons, select erase or ok to clear position or status.
- Then the blue toy button will do the trick.
- Note that you can do private what-if analysis in downloaded event data.
- For example: What-if I had not been disqualified.
What if there are problems, mistakes, special situations?
- What if I need to enter a percent penalty or a dpi penalty?
- What if you need to correct a finish position?
- You can edit the text data of the event and reload.
- Use the Text-Area html element to do this.
- Learn from the provided examples.
- The examples will show you what the message format looks like.
- To correct a finish position, add a race value message after switching to strict input mode.
- Then press the read button.
//in the text area html element //event data, loaded in relaxed input mode //... EP.IM = Strict FR.*.W2.Bib2.RV=4
Copy the finish positions from the black board after the fact.
- This is a great use case.
- You form a team of two.
- One will read the finish list.
- The other will tap on the fabs.
- At first race: Create a new event with the appropriate start list count and race count.
- Don’t forget to Save to local storage.
- The next day, press Load before you continue with the next race.
We take it easy with athlete names in this app.
- When race timing starts, entry registration has already finished.
- When you do race timing you do not care about athlete names.
- Entry info should be inserted into the prepared event data text you start out from.
- My test data does not include athlete’s names anyways.
- And the entries table most often will be empty.
- In the light version I have removed all UI for Entries.
Start with the recording of finish positions.
- Let’s hope that they have provided for consecutive bow numbers starting at 1.
- For learning about the data format, have a look at normal and compact text output in the Pre-Text area.
- You can bring up the Pre-Text area or Text-Area area with an icon button.
- Please test on the desktop browser where you have a good keyboard and where it is convenient to use the clipboard.
There are variations of the application:
- FRLT, a light version, check it out, it already got a longer help text.
- FREO, light event only version, this is perhaps even better.
- FR03, current full app with race and event part.
- FRWS, a service-worker version, this can be used offline.
Copyright 2018 www.federgraph.de, all rights reserved.
|Lauch FR Event Only (FREO) Angular SPA|
The current version is on GitHub, see repository FR03E1.